Chalk Fades

Chalk Fades

323

323

Monday, February 6, 2017

A Choice

“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it.”
-Dr. Ben Carson

This quote can go with anyone. No one wants to grow up to be poor. We all have the ability to have a great future, but it all depends on how hard we want to work for it. Dr. Carson grew up very poor in the city of Detroit. He didn’t like being poor so that's why he worked really hard to be successful in life so he wouldn’t have to be poor anymore. Another example of this can be the way Marshal Mathers, aka Eminem, grew up. He grew up in Detroit as well very poor. But the one thing he did was read. He would read the dictionary everyday to expand his vocabulary. After years and years of working really hard, he became successful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment